The BLYS Yoga Studio is honored to share almost 1,000 square feet of cork floored studio space with our community. A sacred space for healing and movement.
In the creation & maintenance of BLYS, we practice the yogic teachings of ahimsa, or non harming in every detail. Here’s how
BLYS recycled / donated all old building materials to the Habitats for Humanity Restore in Nanaimo.
BLYS reused everything that we could save from the previous location.
BLYS reduces and purchases with environmental integrity, our Corkart flooring is made in Portugal, from 20 year old trees that regenerate between harvests. Painting with ‘Low VOC’ -> to ‘VOC Free’ paints & stains.
- Biodegradable, plant based cleaning supplies.
- Plant based Benefect is used to disinfect the rental mats & clean, killing 99.9% bacteria, mold, and mildew
- Jade Yoga Mats offer the first yoga mat to contain recycled rubber. All mats are made from non toxic, natural rubber, sustainably harvested and dyed naturally. A tree is planted for each Jade Yoga Mat sold!
- Siggs offer a non leeching, stainless steel alternative to save your water, and the environment from disposable plastic bottles
- Locally made designs are feautured as often as possible